3. OBJECTIVE & ACTIVITIES OF THE ASSOCIATION-FIELDS & MODES OF OPERATION
3.1 The object of the Association, which shall operate in the pharmaceutical sector, is to cooperate with the research-based pharmaceutical industry in Turkey, to broaden access to new medicines, information and technologies with a view to improving health in Turkey, to make any legal applications as may be necessary in this context, and to develop an ethical and open pharmaceutical environment which is typically found in developed countries.
The fields and modes of operation for enabling the Association to fulfill its abovementioned objective have been presented below.
3.1.1 Strengthening the ties among its members
3.1.2. Representing members before competent authorities and other professional organizations as appropriate, invoking legal remedies under law (e.g., filing of lawsuits,joining pending lawsuits as a party, becoming an intervener in pending or future lawsuits),providing support to members in this context, and supporting members in resolving their problems in any possible way,
3.1.2 Contribute towards the wider accessibility of the Turkish population to modern and innovative therapies
3.1.3 Disseminate information and provide training;
3.1.4 Foster a culture of adherence to professional codes of conduct with regard to:
1. Communications with healthcare professionals and the public;
2. Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP);
3. Good Clinical Practice (GCP);
4. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
5. Good Marketing and Promotional Practice (GMPP)
3.1.6. In order to achieve its said Objective, the Association may:
- Organize meetings, educational seminars, multimedia presentations,
presentations, trips, scientific studies and exhibitions,
- Undertake printing and publishing activities, create archives, commission plans and projects,
- Conduct polls and establish web sites,
- Acquire real estate and sell the surplus of same,
- Conduct or commission any effort for collecting, compiling, and publishing information with regard to the social and economic conditions influencing the Pharmaceutical Market; cooperate with any relevant institution in Turkey or abroad to achieve this purpose, and provide a point of reference for companies in the sector which will be coming to Turkey/going abroad, upon providing enlightening information.
- Establish, acquire and sell social centers and similar facilities for carrying out its functions.
- Assist in determining performance indicators, indices and standards relating to the sector.
- Monitor national and international news media and provide members with
information in visual and printed and similar forms.
- Strive to set up a databank for the sector.
- Provide leadership in establishing ethical standards for the sector.
- Act as the reference organization in setting up technologies with a commonparlance for the sector.
- Accept donations in agreement with this charter and the Law on Accepting Donations.
- Create subcommittees to work on items as deemed necessary.
- Join or become a founding member of a Federation having the same
- Develop projects for raising income and, where necessary, establish
institutions and assistance funds for this purpose.
- Become a member of, collaborate with or relinquish membership in
International Organizations, which have the same objectives.
- Set up representation offices to support activities in necessary areas.
Representation offices shall not have the right of representation in the general assemblies of branches and of the main office. Branches may not appoint representation offices. The address of the representation office shall be presented in written form to the local administrative authority by the person or persons appointed as representatives by the Board of Directors.
- Establish a joint forum of its members or of foundations, unions and similar non-governmental organizations for achieving a common objective in areas not prohibited by law, upon the decision of its authorized bodies. The said forum may not be established and operated for any objective or in any field prohibited by the Laws that govern associations.
- Borrow loans for the purpose of achieving its objectives.
- In order to achieve its objectives, the Association may participate and
cooperate in international activities, open representation offices in Turkey and abroad, set up associations or higher organizations outside the country.
- Upon a decision of the Board of Directors, make cash or in-kind donations to, or accept cash or in-kind donations from, non-governmental organizations, public agencies and institutions and other natural or juristic persons.
- Seek legal opinion, and share the opinions so obtained with members