We are looking for Industrial and R&D Policies Manager
We are looking for an Industrial and R&D Policies Manager to join our team at AIFD.
AIFD offers an exciting career opportunity to make difference in Turkey by helping create an innovation ecosystem that enhances quality of people’s lives and its economic capabilities to be globally competitive.
Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies (AIFD) was established in 2003, by research-based pharmaceutical companies operating in Turkey, with the objective of enabling Turkish people access new and original drugs and providing effective solutions to the health conditions in our country. AIFD pursues its activities through its head office in Istanbul and its representative office in Ankara.
AIFD members focus their efforts on innovation. Innovative and original products developed by AIFD member companies, thanks to the rapidly advancing medical sciences in our era, extend longevity of humans, enhance their quality of life and generate a value for the society.
Description of the Position and Responsibilities:
Industrial and R&D Policies Manager reports to Investment Policies and Corporate Communication Director
- Prepare agendas and manage tasks of related Strategic Management Committees (SMC) and Task Forces (TF)
- Write-up notes of all internal and external meetings in the areas of responsibility
- Regularly keep informed members of related SMC and TF with accurate and up-to-date information under areas of responsibility
- Coordinate and manage relations with AIFD member companies and other AIFD working bodies
- Coordinate relations with counterparts at such above country associations as EFPIA, PhRMA and IFPMA in the field of responsibility
- Organize and archive all documents and correspondences concerning the activities under responsibility
Research and Projects
- Conduct research, monitor and report relevant research in the areas of pharmaceutical industry policies and R&D, both in Turkey and at international arena
- Develop and execute projects to further enhance partnership with all stakeholders
- Actively monitor, assess and report government policy papers and studies available in the areas of industry policy and R&D
- Regularly screen Official Gazette for publication of relevant legislations (law, regulation, circulars etc)
- Represent AIFD in the field of responsibility with third parties including government institutions
- Develop and manage working relations with stakeholders including related government institutions
- Attend meetings identified by AIFD
- Bachelor’s degree from reputable universities in related fields including economic and administrative sciences, political science, public administration, international relations, business administration, health sciences, and industrial engineering
- At least 5 years of work experience in related areas in government, civil society or private sector, preferably with some international experience
- Being fluent in English, oral and written, is a must
- Working knowledge of academic areas of economics (macro, micro, international trade, fiscal policy), politics, policy formation, economic development, innovation and globalization
- Perfect understanding of policy environment in Turkey and the EU
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong documentation, organization and time management skills
- Master’s or higher degree in related fields is preferable
- Familiarity or experience with pharmaceutical sector
- Evidence based advocacy and strong interest in the interaction between industry policy issues and R&D in economic activities
- Good grasp of economic and political dynamics of Turkey
- Skill and traits for taking initiative with a strong self-discipline
- Working knowledge in EU and global affairs related to pharmaceutical industry and R&D
- Ability to work with strong sense of urgency under pressure
Occasional travel is required.
Work Location: İstanbul
Application address: [email protected]
Deadline : 03/01/2019